Saturday, May 17, 2008

Making Progress

Well, we really made lots of progress this week! We are working on our Frisco living room. We decided to go ahead and do the surround sound thing so we had a LOT of prep work to do. First of all, we needed furniture. Done. Then, we needed to choose our color scheme (paint & fabrics). Done. Get the walls painted. DONE. We did it ourselves. I love the way it turned out! OK, so it's not perfect but it works and it saved us a ton of money (and you'll soon see why that is so important.)

Let's think about this: We need MUSIC so...We bought an iPod. Yes, thank you, we've joined the rest of the world and are slowly becoming fluent in iTune. I downloaded nearly 300 cds totaling close to 2700 songs which is 9.5 DAYS of continuous music. We still have 70 of the 80 Gbs available. Good Grief. We need a TV so...We bought a 52" LCD which is now mounted on the wall above the fireplace. We need movies so...We bought a BluRay thing. Whatever. The satellite is hooked up, the speakers are in and my butt vibrates when the Black Pearl shoots her canons. A true HD experience.

OH! And we needed a place to put all this stuff so we built an entertainment center. This is what we started with:
Built it into this:and ended up with this:So this is our new living room:
I also got my scrap room organized:
A word to the wise: Do NOT let your husband watch HGTV or DIY. You will forever be up to your ears in projects. Good thing I can swing a hammer!

1 comment:

Snow White said...

Looks good. I know you are relieved to have some things done. Carol is going to scrapbook convention. I'm not going. I need to use what I have before I buy anything else.
snowwhite