Thursday, July 31, 2008

Snowball fight in JULY?

Tell me again...Why do we live in Texas?




Earlier this month, we got the opportunity to share one of our favorite places with some very precious friends and family. Kenneth's brother is a minister and they brought a group of "kids" from their little Texas Hill Country town to the San Juan Mountains of the the Colorado Rockies. We are so blessed to have this place to share and my favorite part is watching the kids...young and old...flourish in the cool mountain air. I always wish they could stay longer and can't wait until next year.

We went hiking up into the mountains and saw beautiful waterfalls, wildflowers and trees.
Everything was so lush compared to the previous years. They had so much snow last winter, it is still thawing. And yes, we even had a snowball fight!

A fun time was had by all. We have precious new friends and made new memories with old friends.



Of course, I always love spending time with family but this was a relaxed, laid back, do what you want time and I really enjoyed being with K & S and the girls.


WHEN ARE WE GOING BACK?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Snow White said...

love the pics. Can you email me the group pic - I don't think I have that one. Hope you're having a good august. I know your bday is coming- I hope its happy.
snowwhite